Georgia and its care and feeding of my soul - AYFKM?!?!

I tend to grocery shop on Sunday. I suppose I could do it on Saturday - but I LIKE to do it on Sunday - I LIKE IT!!! I am not religious and Sunday is just another day of the weekend for me.

Each and every FRAKKING time I go to the grocery store I am again incensed and livid and other colorful angry words because I cannot buy an adult beverage. I've been here 10 years and it never fails to piss me off.

Georgia has decided (long ago I am sure) that the adults of this state should not be able to buy alcohol on Sunday. AYFKM??! They WILL however serve you alcohol in a bar or restaurant. I do not understand the logic that is behind the decision to allow people to drink publicly and possibly drive home intoxicated but precludes buying beverages to take home and drink in your own house.


The closed minded thinking behind this type of lawmaking is what drives my liberal ass to the polls. Even if the misguided goal of the law is to honor some type of Christian value - what the hell about the 7th Day Adventists and Saturdays?? If I were a 7th Day Adventist, I would be super-offended that MY sabbath isn't "GOOD ENOUGH" for a beer ban!

A not so open letter to the Government of the State of Georgia:

Dearest Saxby and pals:

AYFKM?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!