Random AYFKM?!?! Moment

Several years ago, my daughter and my husband and I attended a board gaming convention in Atlanta that was organized by Batty's Best something or other - a board game store that I used to love to visit.

Its been AGES ago! We had a great time that day. For those of you who have never done something so completely dorky, attending consists of showing up at the appointed hotel and jumping in and playing board games of all different kinds with all different strangers. Its a great time and it costs very little. (I think its 35 dollars for the three day pass - or cheaper than that for one day) You can also buy new games and people sell the ones they don't play much anymore in kind of a flea market type environment.

So last night, around 2am, I am surfing the world wide webispheres and looking at gaming blogs and run across the blog of Ward Batty. (http://gametable.blogspot.com) He has lots of interesting gaming info on his blog - you should visit if you are into that kind of thing. I was surprised and happy to see - a blurb and link to another event in January like the one we attended several years ago.

So I'm all fired up - WE GOTTA GO! I click on through to take a look at the info and BAM!!!! there I am with my kid in living color on the main page. We are sitting at a table at the front of the room playing a strategy game with two guys we had never met before who are very patiently teaching us how to play. I love it - AYFKM?!?!

(Click on the title of the post to jump to the atlanta game fest site for the "Wheres Buhlinda" type game action)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!