The Weekly AYFKM Poetry Series - Entry 1

You are so afraid of that bag leaving your sight that you are going to carry it on
Lug it through security
Drag it on the train
Pull it down the concourse
Juggle it at the magazine counter
Babysit it at the bah
Looking over your shoulder watching for the slightest indication that the bag has escaped.
AYFKM?


They are finally boarding and as I skip down the jetway, both hands free, smile on my face
I frown at you
As you gather your bag
Trudge toward the agent
Laptop perched on top
handle sweaty from your palm
Im so confused by the cult-like devotion to the bag, your inability to part with it.
AYFKM?


Im settled in my my window seat, thankful that this time, I am safe from you
elbows safe from your bag
yes, too wide to fit
down the aisle without
knocking me senseless
and you are safe too
from my glare of irritation at that obvious rudeness, and your lack of apology
AYFKM?


I sigh deeply, stress-free, baglessly superior and bored by the predictable bag-lovers
Is this your coat
mind if I scoot it
Need my frakkin bag
right above my head
it holds my life force
And your reasonably sized coat among non cult member carry-ons are taking precious space.
AYFKM?


I flick on my ipod and plug my ears against the flight attendants prodding to gate check
watch you act put out
huffing to your seat
your day is shot
where is my precious
what if it wont return
Remember that slimy guy in Lord of the Rings who coveted the one ring? No?
AYFKM?


I flip through the free magazine, pretending to read, but watching you sit
thanking god you did not
check your awesome bag
its so much easier
to not pick it up
at the baggage claim
Proud of your ability to save time and effort, practically imperious about your success with the bag.
AYFKM???




No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!