I got a Nook for my birthday and need a cover...


A Nook, A Nook, A Nook! I do the happy dance every time I think about my wittle nookie nookster McNookieNess. I love it! Thank you, Karen for the Nook! But, the arrival of the Nook started a frenzy of cover shopping. I needed just the right cover, something that made a statement.
A statement like, "Look! Look! I got a Nook!"
Sew..I mean SOOOOOO - I made one to "tide me ovah" until I could find one that would meet my stringent critieria. Must be geektastic. Must made aforementioned statement. Must actually cover Nookie McNookerson.
In my world, these types of ideas, once rooted in my mind - take priority over EVERYTHING. Including but not limited to - wintertime warmth. My daughter donated her 19.99 Old Navy Peacoat from last year. No, it wasn't worn out. No, it hadn't been retired. Yes, I promised to buy her a new one. Yes, the offer of a new (probably pricier) coat bribed her out of hers. I wanted the navy "wool". I cut it up and googled "blanket stitch" to figure out how to make the stripey stitch on the edges to hold it together and patched together a robot out of vintage fabric scraps given to me by my grandmother. (Except the arms, which are a garland from a christmas card I received last year.) Months have passed, I STILL haven't bought a cover and am still making do with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!