Yep, it works.

  
This is my Grandma's sewing machine. It weighs 700lbs. She carried it up from the basement and asked if my primary spousal support could take a look at it and get it working again. We brought it home and the answer was "no". The thread snapped every time we tried to sew anything. Same issue she had been having. PSS took it to a local repair shop and it was determined that there were some technical problems preventing the proper operation of this machine.

The needle was inserted backwards.

He offered to oil the machine and tune it and whatnot. We decided that would be a good birthday gift for my MawMaw and had it done. When we took the machine to MawMaw for her birthday and gushed over how much we love it, she asked if we would like to make a trade. Our 15 year old machine for her old old machine. The newer machine was lighter and easier to thread and move around for her on her own. We were all over it!

It has some challenges. It hates layers of fabric. It hates me, also. It needs lots of kind words and encouragement to do what I ask it to without complaint. Granted, I ask it to do alot of crazy s*&^. But we are developing a relationship, slowly. 

All of the sewing project's that are posted are made with this machine. Unless they were made with THIS machine (pointing to myself, with thumbs...chest puffed out.)!

1 comment:

  1. I feeeeeeel as if your sewing machine doesn't like me as well. My feelings have been hurt by it, I am taking it personal.

    ReplyDelete

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!