My Rheumatism is acting up...

I know I'm losing some of my well-earned street cred here. Ok, I don't really have any street cred. but if I did, this would kill it.
My MawMaw made beautiful beautiful beautiful - am I being clear here? BEAUTIFUL cathedral window quilts, runners, whatever. I have loved them since I was a kid. She couldn't remember how to made the blocks to explain it to me - so I googled. And of course - the crafting community was able to guide me.
Cathedral Window is a pattern for a quilt-as-you-go quilt. It requires a fair amount of precision due to the right angles and geometry of the whole ordeal.
I have some issues with precision as it relates to handicrafting. I'm also "challenged" or "special needsy" in the area of spatial relationships. Maybe it wasn't the best choice for ME, personally. Maybe I could have selected something more suited to my personal style - like Modge Podging.

Oh No, not I. I can DO THIS!!!

Actually, I can't do this. Not alone anyway. I had to recruit primary spousal support. HE can cut a perfect square that doesn't go wonky on one side. HE can iron in the necessary seam allowances that then result AGAIN in a perfect square that doesn't go wonky on one side. I can provide the VISION! And the stitching from that point forward. These are our initial efforts and making two squares that are the exact same size so that we can sew them together. Not so successful at first. These are actually the reject pile. None of them are exactly the same size as any other.

These rejects have now moved to "unfinished projects" as I am convinced I can eventually make something from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does this make you FEEL???? Leave me your FEEeeeellings....cause im totally interested in your FEEELLINGSS,....AYFKM?!?!?!